Tuesday, January 10, 2012

When Opportunity Knocks, Answer It!

When the co-owner of La Bella Baskets called my home this morning and personally asked me if I would like to host the National Team Conference Call tonight, I was honored and said, " Yes!"  The other co-owner that usually hosts  the conferences, was sick and had no voice. I have never done this sort of thing before, but I am one who does " step up to the plate" and offers my help when needed! " The show must go on!" is my motto!  It was hard to focus on household duties today.  My mind was pre-occupied with my newest role and doing it the best that I could do.
The call came to start the conference at 8:55pm EST.Ready or not, here it comes! I am a pretty relaxed soul,    third child of four myself and used to a certain level of " controlled chaos", and  being the mother of four children born within six years, I have learned to do many things.,many times without  the time to practice or prepare, but always greeting each with a pleasant demeanor! I did it! I finshed the conference agenda provided me, and the Q & A, and even filled in some " dead air time with a paragraph that I had written this afternoon, just in case. It served as filler and I was glad that I wrote it. I am anxious to hear my recorded call and see how I sound! I had a blast being host tonight! I was a little nervous of course, but who isn't a little nervous with new things?

No comments:

Post a Comment