Sunday, May 6, 2012

Two Months Too Long

Wow! I can't believe how time flies!  Life has been very busy for me in the last two months. Spring always has it's own brand of busy, with  increased household, parish, school and scouting activities. I expanded my cleaning business,started two blogs,  increased my online presence in the social media realm with my gift basket business,and still maintained all of the volunteer efforts at the same level as last year! The thought of this is simply exhausting! I am challenged, fulfilled, and passionate about each aspect, and letting go of one would be difficult. Instead, I will just manage to the best of my ability and let the chips fall as they may, and pray that they don't fall too far!

 Life is about balance: God,family,job or career, education, health and fitness, household responsibilities, pets, friends, community involvement, and leisure. Everyone's list varies, but everyone has one to maintain. A slight change in any one aspect  will affect the balance of them all. An ailment in one member of the body affects the other members of the body.  While we require the presence of "stress" to propel   us forward into action, a sustained abundance over time bears negatively on our overall health and happiness. Too much is not a good thing!

 At times, it seems that my balance is tipped toward over abundance, but flexibility is my resolve. I am fortunate to be able to operate all of my entrepreneurial pursuits from home base on my own schedule. I transitioned from a full time "stay at home" mother of four children for twenty years to a "work from home" mother ( two teens left at home )  with two part-time businesses in the last two years, two pets, and a healthy dose of volunteer spirit to round it all out!  Two months has passed since my last blog entry here; I guess that my vacation is over!
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment